- What did we learn this month?
This month we have been enjoying lots of outdoor activities such as messy play, water play, sports activities, and role play in the mud kitchen and family corner.
Our holiday program was a great success! We enjoyed various activities throughout the two weeks term break.
- Our current learning focus:
Our children have been engaging in cooking role plays hence we will begin this term with our curriculum focus on healthy eating. You can encourage your child at home by cooking together to promote healthy eating at home. This creates an opportunity to discuss the five senses and introduce numeracy/counting skills. Some fun ways to engage your child at home are:
- Sorting ingredients
- Rinsing fruits or vegetables
- Stirring, mixing
- Counting and doing simple measurements
- Pouring with assistance
- Cutting with a plastic or butter knife
- Special moments:
- We had graduations to say goodbye to our friends who turned 5 years old.
- Whanau engagement:
Our children’s Christmas party will be on 11th December. More details will be sent out closer to the date.
Please click on the link below to view our weekly curriculum overview for seniors and juniors.